We aim to provide the very best software product, so we are looking for someone who is at the top in his field and writes DRY, elegant code. We consider top-tier coding an art form, and treat programmers with the respect an artisan deserves. Software runs in our veins: the CEO of the company is a developer too.
Our product is great but we strive to improve it continually to stay ahead of the competition and to serve an ever-expanding client base. You will be working on all aspects of the site, from helping scale the back-end to building a better front-end for mobile devices. Because we are a startup, and because we think it’s a good idea, you will be expected to occasionally help out with operational roles from upgrading servers to answering customer support mail.
You have the freedom to choose a work location where you can be most productive; we expect to see you in the office in Amsterdam at least two days per week.
Required skills and qualifications
- Technically well rounded; we expect you to enjoy picking up new technologies and experiment with them to check if they can help our business
- Software, and technology in general, is a passion for you, not just a way to earn a living. On the other hand, you are pragmatic and you make decisions based on data rather than hunches
- University level education
- Fluent in English
Nice to have
- Usability Engineering experience / User Interface design skills
- Cross platform / cross browser development experience
- Experience with Agile / Test driven development
- Exposure to automated deployment and configuration management tools
- Above average remuneration
- Option to join the employee share/option plan after one year
- The latest model MacBook pro & iPhone with unlimited personal use
- A great office along the canals in Amsterdam’s historic city center
- Fun, innovative, entrepreneurial, and rewarding job environment